Welcome to muftigames.com. Thanks for being curious!
The back of the flyer is a Three Mens Morris board. Three Mens Morris is thousands of years old. It was played by the Romans and was likely played much earlier. The writing of R C Bell is an excellent place to start if you’re interested in ancient games.
How to play Three Mens Morris.
- Each player has three pieces: use Polo’s vs Rolo’s; 1p’s vs 2p’s, or cut out shapes from another flyer.
- Choose who will play first, according to your own tradition.
- Take it in turns to lay out your pieces, one at a time on empty spots.
- To make a MILL (three-in-a-row) – in a straight line or diagonal.
- Once all pieces are on the board, players must move one piece each turn.
- A piece may move along any line to an adjacent empty spot.
- A piece may not jump other pieces nor move more than one spot.
- Really good players can make this game go on forever!
- An alternative version of this game is called NINE PINS- it is set up in the same way, but you may move or jump to any empty spot until you get a MILL
Thanks for following your nose. Take a look around at the rest of the website, we hope you had a fun day today.
If you’d like to play more ancient games, look out for our ROMANS! play piece